Grafton provides community based residences, also known as group homes for children, adolescents and adults to overcome challenges and lead meaningful productive lives. Our teams of dedicated, compassionate and experienced staff are committed to providing individualized and customized supports that include but are not limited to the following:
• 24 hour supervision and support
• Structured therapeutic activities
• Participation in a day support program, employment or education services
• Assistance with activities of daily living
• Behavioral self-management
• Opportunities to become an integral part of their local communities
The goal of our program is to help clients enhance skills in areas such as daily living, money management, home maintenance, food preparation, personal hygiene, socialization, leisure and community safety.
Children served in group homes may have autism and/or an intellectual disability or they may only have a psychiatric classification with no developmental challenges. Adults who are served in group homes have autism and/or an intellectual disability with other psychiatric conditions.
Grafton operates 23 group homes in Winchester, VA and 11 in Richmond, VA. All homes are licensed by the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services.