With 60 years of experience serving individuals with autism, Grafton welcomes – and, based on clearly defined indicators, is successful with – the most challenging clients, many of whom have a co-occurring diagnosis.
Our history of supporting individuals with autism includes:
Six decades of clinical experience and evidence-based data
Through our psychiatric residential treatment facility, providing intensive, trauma-informed treatment in a large, campus-like setting for children and adolescents with autism and simultaneous psychiatric conditions
Completing the first official, state-wide study of autism in Virginia, since lauded as one of the best state studies in the nation
For more on how Grafton serves individuals with autism, please watch this webinar. You may also be interested in:
- A post by Grafton CEO, Jamie Stewart recently published on The Mighty.
- A success story about Hannah, an 8-year-old on the autism spectrum
- A success story illustrating how trauma-informed care helped Joe, a Grafton client with autism
- A success story about Kevin, who found the support he needed in Grafton’ s Therapeutic Community Living
- A blog post about the impact of saying “yes” versus “no” to an individual with autism
- A blog post about the use of picture schedules
- A blog post about sensory issues
- A blog post about the use of life stories to assist individuals with autism
- A blog post on training practices to support individuals with autism and intellectual disabilities
- A blog post that asks the question: Are those with autism more likely to be bullied?
- A webinar on Navigating Autism Services for Adults
- An WUSA-TV “Good Day” segment on helping Adults with Autism ADAPT and Thrive