Early Intervention: For Providers
Providers are only second to families when it comes to identifying whether a child may need early intervention services – you play a vital part in offering referrals for those that need them. If you believe a child is eligible for early intervention services, please complete our referral form and send to Gena Zydelis
Other tools that may be helpful:
- This brochure can help to educate the families you serve.
- This poster provides a description of the program and contact details (subject to non-commercial use only).
- This background presentation may be used to describe the program to others.
- We have provided a comprehensive list of additional resources.
- For frequently asked questions, please refer to this page.
The first step is becoming familiar with the developmental milestones of the infants and toddlers you serve. Our Developmental Milestones tool can help you to understand if a child’s development is on track with their peers. The following is a sample list of a few important behaviors that may signal a developmental delay.
DOES THE CHILD
Infant & Toddler Connection of Shenandoah Valley is provided under Part C of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). For more information on the program, please visit the Infant & Toddler Connection of Virginia website.
In order to provide medical professionals with information on Infant & Toddler Connection of Shenandoah Valley, the local system manager will be happy to schedule a time to visit your office and provide you with our information. We are happy to also provide a formal presentation at your request and convenience.